Automotive braking systems can come in drum brake or disc brake forms. Both use master brake cylinders, one or more brake pistons, brake hoses, and brake lines. When you press your foot against the brake pedal, brake fluid gets sent from the cylinder through the lines and hoses. Where the two types vary is in the parts that work together to slow your wheels.
With a drum brake system, the fluid pressure causes a brake shoe and brake drum to fasten together to create the friction that slows your car, pickup, van, or SUV.
In a disc brake system, the fluid compels the brake calipers to close brake pads onto brake rotors to generate that resistance.
Over time, though, your brakes can begin to go bad. When that happens, you're in danger being involved in a collision since your brakes may not perform as you're accustomed. Signs of problems include:
- Brake pedal vibrates or bounces
- Taking longer to stop
- You notice squealing or grinding noises
- The brake pedal feels soft or squishy
- Your vehicle pulls to one side when braking
- The dash warning light comes on
Stay Safe and Install Genuine OEM Brake Parts
If you need to replace any brake components, you want to be sure to choose the best for your model. Mopar brake parts are guaranteed to be compatible with your vehicle. That gives you a welcome peace of mind when shopping online. Find everything you need for the repair job in our online auto parts inventory. Buy now and we'll ship your order directly to your front door!
Transmissions: 4-Spd. Automatic VLP 42RLE Trans.... More Notes
Transmissions: 9-spd 948te fwd auto trans (make). More Notes
Transmissions: 5-spd auto w5a330 transmission. 6-speed manual transmission. More Notes
Transmissions: 6-speed automatic 62te transmission.... More Notes
No results found for "brake, brake pad, brake rotor, brake caliper, brake shoe". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!